10 Best Ways To Increase Your Ecommerce Business
Increasing your e-commerce customer base, sales, and revenue isn’t as difficult as it seems. It definitely requires significant effort from your teams. However, there is no single best way to increase eCommerce business. It’s the collective and cooperative working of several small techniques that help you reach your e-commerce business goals.
Here are ten of the most effective ways to increase your eCommerce business.
10 Simple Yet Effective Ways to Increase Ecommerce Business
1. Work on your site’s credibility
The best way to increase eCommerce business is to build trust in your e-store brand amongst consumers. You can do this by-
- Ensuring fast site loading by opting for a reliable hosting service.
- Offering good quality products for sale.
- Presenting apt product descriptions (they should describe the products as they are).
- Establish your social media presence by posting content regularly on social networking sites and engaging with your audience there.
- Encouraging user-generated content (UGC) such as product reviews, ratings, images, and/or videos of customers using your product, testimonials, etc. on your social media pages, website, blogs, etc.
- Adhering to business compliance requirements of your land.
2. Build your brand awareness
Brand awareness impacts consumer trust, brand affinity, purchasing decisions, repeat purchases, and SEO. The more people are aware of your brand and find it credible, the more they tend to purchase from you. Here are some ways to build awareness about your brand.
- Sell high-quality products.
- Post relevant and useful content regularly.
- Display high-quality product images.
- Get on social media and be active there.
- Partner with businesses that complement yours (For instance, tailoring avenues are your ideal partners if you are selling textiles).
- Tying up with influencers in your niche.
- Employing paid ads.
3. Use email marketing:
Email still continues to be one of the successful marketing channels for brands and businesses. The reason behind this is that in the case of email marketing, you target only those who’ve already conveyed their interest in your brand via opting-in. So, employ effective email marketing techniques such as-
- Meaningfully segment your email subscribers.
- Personalize your communications with each group through relevant messaging.
- Automate your email marketing campaigns.
- Nurture leads to converting them into buyers and then loyal customers.
- Send out newsletters to keep them updated about your business and industry.
4. Take care of your e-store’s SEO
One of the best ways to increase eCommerce business is to take care that your site ranks highly in search engines. You can do this in the following ways-
- Improve site speed.
- Keep your site navigation simple. Users should be able to find what they are searching for in the shortest time possible.
- Use keyword search tools to find the words and phrases (keywords) people use to search for products in your niche. And then optimally use those keywords in your content.
- Link to local websites. This will help local rankings and build domain authority.
- Backlink to websites for resources and influencers.
5. Employ content marketing
Statistics say that 68% of people respond favorably towards a brand after consuming content from it. And 70% of the audience prefer learning about a firm through an article rather than an ad. That’s why most marketers make blogging their foremost strategy. Content marketing increases your traffic, domain authority, sales, and revenue.
Here are some effective content marketing techniques-
- Get to know and understand your audience.
- Focus on building a relationship with your audience.
- Make your content a part of an outstanding user experience.
- Come up with content that helps solve their problems.
- Involve in guest posting.
- Include social proof.
- Involve in visual marketing. Use images, videos, GIFs, and infographics relevantly.
- Be consistent in your quality, tone, and posting frequency.
6. Focus on customer service:
People start becoming loyal customers of those e-commerce platforms that offer exceptional customer service. So, make customer-centeredness your priority. Here are the best practices you can adopt-
- Make your returns and returns policy hassle-free.
- Have a Live Chat functionality to answer the queries frequently asked by your customers.
- Enable self-service by having an FAQ section.
- Provide 24×7 phone support.
- Enable customers to make complaints via email. Also, send immediate responses.
- Be available with your customer support on social media.
- Listen and improve your customer service.
7. Work on the shipping costs and times
Customers nowadays expect fast delivery and the advanced technologies today facilitate this. If you aren’t tapping into this potential, you’ll end up seeing orders canceled and turning to a platform that provides this. One way to ensure fast shipping and delivery effortlessly is by partnering with a third-party logistics company.
Also, offer free shipping. This is one of the factors that influence people’s purchasing decisions favorably. So, add the shipping cost to the price of the item so that it doesn’t appear like an extra cost just when the customer is about to checkout. It’ll give them the feeling that they’re getting a better bargain. And this shall help in your viral marketing.
8. Optimize your platform for mobile phones
A study states that six out of ten people say that they select brands based on the possibility of shopping using their smartphones. And 69.4% of internet users use shopping apps on their mobile devices. This is because of the convenience and ease of shopping that these devices and apps facilitate. So, do optimize your e-store for mobile phones.
Ensure that your e-commerce site offers a frictionless experience on mobile phones and other mobile devices. This will help tap into the potential of immense sales opportunities gained through mobile shopping.
9. Use video marketing
People prefer video content over text content and static images. The best part with video marketing is that, unlike images where the audience expects high-quality, they prefer videos that do or do not have quality. This is a useful piece of info that e-commerce stores should take advantage of. They can step into video marketing without spending much.
Post video product demos. A video of the sought product being in use encourages people to buy it. Besides, motivate customers to post video reviews of the products they have bought from you. This will encourage other buyers to purchase confidently.
10. Personalize the experience
A study found that 83% of online shoppers are ready to exchange their information for a personalized experience. So, e-stores should personalize their customers’ shopping experience. Using a personalization tool can help in this regard. Here are certain things you can do with it-
- Make personalized product recommendations and deals based on demographics, customer behavior, preferences, past purchases, etc.
- Personalize product pages based on location.
- Display recently viewed items.
- Offer personalized guides
- Send relevant campaigns through email marketing and push notifications.
And all these can increase your sales and revenue therefrom.
E-commerce businesses have a good future. As the owner of an e-store, you just need to tap into its potential by learning and employing the best practices thereof. This blog has discussed ten of those. Do employ them to increase your e-commerce business. We wish you all the very best in your endeavors!
Shivani is a content writer at InviteReferrals, which provides referral software that allows businesses to attract new customers from existing customers through referral campaigns.