How to Fix Facebook Messenger Not Working Problems?
Facebook is one of the most famous social media networking sites that are available for all on the internet. There are different features on the application that makes the app more interesting and makes the problems of its customers much less. To ease the tensions and the worries of its users, Facebook has introduced the messaging application Facebook Messenger.
Facebook Messenger is a very brilliant application that has allowed users to chat with their Facebook friends and relatives without opening Facebook. The app was started simply for chat purposes but they have added many features to the application in recent years. Facebook Messenger is also like any other messaging application with the features of stickers, group chats, and conference calls.
But just like any other application; there are sometimes that the application does not work properly and experiences faults and issues. No matter how popular and effective the application is, it still faces issues and if your Facebook Messenger not loading messages or working properly then, you can use our guide to fix any issue that the app is facing.
Solutions to Fix Facebook Messenger Not Working Problems
There can be many different issues with the application which can cause different features of the application to malfunction. We will give you the easiest and most accurate solutions to various issues with the Facebook Messenger app.
If you are unable to gain access to the app
The most common issue the app may face is when you are not able to open the application on your mobile phone. This problem usually happens if you have forgotten your account password or the application is facing some technical glitches. To solve this issue you can work around some simple methods. You can try to use the web version of the Facebook Messenger application and see if you are able to access it on your computer.
If you have forgotten the password then, you just need to open the login page and click on the ‘Forgot password’ link given on the page. Sometimes, this issue can also happen if your phone is not able to hold the application as the app consumes too much space and is heavy on the RAM. You can try the alternate version of the application which is called Facebook Lite which is exactly the same but takes less space.
Unable to Send or Receive Messages
Sometimes you think that Facebook Messenger not working if it is not sending or receiving messages. You can face this problem if you are using the latest version of the app. It is very important that you regularly update the application as the update fixes the glitches and errors of the app. You can follow the following steps to update the app on your phone.
- Open the Play Store on your phone and then tap on the three dots given near your profile.
- Now, you need to tap the ‘My Apps and Games’ option in the list.
- There, you need to look for the Facebook Messenger app and see if there are any updates pending.
- If you see the update then, you need to update the application which will fix the problem.
If you are unable to find old messages on the app
Users usually complain about not finding old messages on the application and they start to wonder if Facebook Messenger is down. Facebook does not delete old messages and chats on its own so, if your old messages are deleted then it can be because you may or may not have deleted the messages on your own. In this case, there are some steps that you can use if you want to recover those deleted messages.
- Open the application and then search for the contact whose messages are deleted.
- The chat window will open once you click on the contact name and then send a message to that person.
- If the chat is archived, you will get your messages back after sending the message.
Getting messages from unknown or unwanted contacts
If someone is sending you unwanted and unnecessary messages, you can block them on Facebook Messenger. If someone is bothering you, you can stop them by following these steps:
- Open the Messenger app on your smartphone.
- Click on the chat window of the person bothering you.
- Then click on the ‘i’ icon on the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down and select the Block option.
- The contact will be blocked and will no longer be able to send you messages. 6. Repeat the same steps if there is more than one contact you would like to block.
See Also – Why is My Messenger Not Working on My Android?
This will help you in fixing the problems you are facing with your Facebook Messenger application even if it is a Facebook Messenger Install problem or other issues. Hope you can fix the problem with the app and then use it easily.
Also Recommended – https://bequirkly.com/youtube-keeps-pausing/