Canada is undoubtedly one of the top choices for students seeking overseas education. Consequently, the country has been witnessing a high turnout of foreign students every year. Not only the high-quality education standards but also the employment prospects in the country, as well as, other global destinations lure students to Canada. Coaching centers in Dubai have been overwhelmed with queries regarding the application process for international universities in Canada. That has been the reason for us to come up with this article.
Obviously, it will be a complicated thing for the students to have a grip of the enrolment process, visa application procedure, and course details of various educational institutions in Canada. Only a reputed and experienced abroad admission consultant will know about the plethora of courses offered by acclaimed universities. And the right one for the student, who is seeking a job in a particular sector. Before embarking on the application process you must understand that you are one among around one and a half lakh foreign students arriving in Canada for higher education.
The General Timeline for Application to International Universities in Canada
International universities in Canada generally intake maximum students in the fall session of the course. Although the admissions are open in a few universities in spring and winter sessions as well, the number of students opting for those is comparatively less.
The process of admission and the period are appended below. Normally, the admission procedure is completed in a period of one year. It normally begins in September and concludes the same month next year, with the commencement of course:
- Most of the universities begin receiving applications in the month of September and close the same by October every year. Since there is no common window for application to the universities, you need to visit the websites of the universities, which are offering the course you prefer. Therefore, examining the universities, the programs available, and the schedule of enrolment need to be confirmed in advance. Else, you may approach an established abroad educational consultant to get detailed info about it.
- The universities will ask the students to submit the certificates, qualifications, and documents proving extracurricular activities (if any), by the month of January to February of the following year. The officials will scrutinize the documents for ascertaining the genuineness, as well as, preparing the list depending on the academic and overall performance of the student.
- Confirmation regarding the selection is forwarded via email to the student maximum by the month of May. Thereby, he or she can commence visa application formalities. The visa procedure may take around a couple of months. Overseas educational consultants in Dubai and other regions will help you complete the visa formalities without any impediments.
- The course commences in September. The student after obtaining the visa can join the university and undergo an orientation session followed by the course.
Documents Necessary for Applying to an International University in Canada in 2021
The documents you need to submit along with the application to an international university in Canada are:
- Scanned copy of the passport of the student
- Certificates of previous academic qualification and merits
- Certificates of sports, arts, and extracurricular activities (if any)
- Statement of purpose for Canada
- Language proficiency certificate or proof of language proficiency (The main language proficiency courses recommended by the International Universities in Canada are IELTS, TOEFL, PTE Academic, and C1 Advanced)
- Resume on a required basis
The Process for Application of Canadian Student Visa
The process for obtaining a Canadian student visa is:
- The visa application is online, at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website
- The acceptance letter from the international university in Canada and other relevant documents have to be uploaded
- Confirm that you have enough finance to undergo the course in the specified International University in Canada
- The Police Clearance Certificate affirming that there are no criminal records against you has to be submitted
- Medical examination record may be sought by the department at times
The Additional Steps for Enrolling at an International University in Canada
The student may have to pursue some additional steps before arriving in Canada for higher studies. Those include:
- Buy health insurance before you start from the home country. The cost of health insurance may depend on different factors including the region you have chosen for the course
- Obtain a study permit if required. Confirm the requirement before you start the process for the same. The issuance of a study permit may take as much as 90 days. However, nowadays it is done faster than before.
International universities in Canada offer great growth prospects. Hence, Canada has turned out to be one of the prime education destinations for foreign students. Choose the right course, and ideal university to become a winner in life.