Things to Do in Rupin Pass Trek
Rupin pass trek set at an altitude of 4,650 meters is one of the most ecstatic and delightful treks you can visit to have a perfect weekend getaway. The trek starts from Dhaula in Uttarakhand and ends in Sangla in Himachal Pradesh and hence a high altitude two states trek. The trek is no less than a paradise of heaven holding such a mystical beauty with its blue waters forming the three-stage waterfall of Rupin. It gives one the kaleidoscopic vision of its Himalayas, the dense forests, the snow glazed peaks, and the glacial meadows meandering around hundreds of waterfalls. So if you are looking for all this in your trek then the Rupin Pass trek is a treat for you.
However, the trek is a moderate one that requires a good level of physical fitness and cardio power. So make sure to fully prepare yourself before going for this trek.
Things you experience in Rupin Pass Trek:
Rupin Pass trek holds on a lot of activities giving one endless adventure and thrill. Following mentioned are the things you experience in your journey of this trek-
- Rupin Pass waterfalls will surely enlighten you as in every twist and turn you will find numerous waterfalls here. So get ready to witness the gushing waterfalls falling down from the high mountains and views look like they are falling from the sky.
- Exploring Jakha village located at the edge of the mountain range and giving it the appearance of it hanging out through a cliff. So get ready to witness the local culture and get to know the beautiful stories from the villagers.
- Snow bridges on the trek is another attraction filling your journey with utmost excitement. As passing these bridges covered completely in the snow in the midst of the Himalayas is definitely what is extremely mesmerizing.
- Passing through dense forests of oak, rhododendrons, and fir is what provides stunning views throughout the trek.
- Kinnaur temple which is a two-story temple of Kinnaur culture at Sewa will fill you with utmost spirituality and serenity.
- The breathtaking views of lofty peaks of Kinner Kailash will leave you awestruck by its beauty.
- Burwash Kandi and Surwase Thatch meadows surrounded with multi-colored rhododendrons adding charm against the green mountains.
- Rupin Pass range gives you to see the mountains of Dhauladhar and Kinnaur Kailash and others which is a must sight to watch for.
Best time to visit:
The best time to visit for the Rupin pass trek would be in the months of May, June and September. Although a slight variation in weather may cause rainfall or snowfall during the Rupin Pass trek. So be prepared with all the necessary requirements that would be needed for this trek.
Day 01- Drive of 10 to 11 hrs to Dehradun and then reach Dhaula
Day 02- 11 km trek from Dhaula (5,100 feet) to Sewa (6,300 feet)
Day 03- 8 km trek from Sewa (6,300 feet) to Jiskun (7,700 feet)
Day 04- 8 km trek from Jiskun (7,700 feet) to Udaknal (10,100 feet)
Day 05- 6 km trek from Udaknal (10,100 feet) to Dhanderas Thatch (11,700 feet)
Day 06- 3 hrs trek from Dhandera Thatch (11,700 feet) to Upper Waterfall (13,100 feet)
Day 07- 10 to 11 hrs trek from Upper Waterfall (13,100 feet) to Rupin pass (15,380 feet) through Rupin Pheri to Ronti gad
Day 08- 6 hrs trek from Ronti Gad (13,100 feet) to Sangla (8,600 feet) through Sangla Kanda
How to reach:
By air- Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest one located about 25 km from Dehradun.
By train- Overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi through Nanda Devi Express or Dehradun Express.
By road- Taking an overnight bus from Delhi to Dehradun from Delhi ISBT Kashmere Gate.
So get yourself ready to have ultimate fun in the Rupin Pass trek to bring out the adventure lover within you. This is the time to go for the Rupin Pass trek to move away from the race of the world and surround yourself with the ultimate essence of nature. Rupin Pass trek has covered everything for you giving you numerous surprises that you are bound to experience within this trek.